SAFETY TIP: The same 5 Diet Mistakes people always make.
1. OD”ing in protein. Protein is important, but if you have too much, the excess gets stored as fat. High protein shakes and bars tend to be sugary and fatty.
2. Skimping on veggies: Many of us fall short of the recommended 2.5 cups daily. A no-brainer: work some into every meal, whether it’s sliced tomato on your morning toast or spinach on your turkey sandwich.
3. Having just a big glass of juice for breakfast. Most juice raises blood sugar, so your body produces more insulin. You’ll get hungry and overeat later. Get in protein and fiber, such as eggs and whole-grain toast.
4. Overestimating weight-loss rate. Most people shed a lot of pounds in the first couple of weeks of a program, a combo of carbs and water. It’s an artificially high drop, so don’t get discouraged when progress peters out.
5. Slacking on shut-eye. Appetite and hunger hormones are greatly influenced by how much sleep you get. Skimp and you’re more likely to eat everything that’s not tacked down.